Heriot Wedding January 17, 2016

                                                                                                      Saturday February 6, 2016

Dear Diary,


September 2015 I was in attendance of the engagement party for Jereatha Jackson and Maurice Heriot. I am happy to have been a part of such an important moment in their lives.  I am so happy for them. Jereatha wore a custom cream and gold dress designed by House of Baboski followed by a 2 piece hi lo pants set designed by DaiRita Luckett for Emaculate Designs. Maurice was dappered up in a nice dressy but laid back look which consisted of dress pants, vest and golfer style hat with matching accessories. She gifted him a watch and told the beautiful story of how they meet and his proposal. We played several games, mingled and ate and drank. It was such a loving and happy time.

 
" Before I met you, I never knew what it was like to be able to look at someone and smile for no reason"
 
 
model behavior: Bachelorette shenanigans
January 17, 2016 I attended a beautiful ceremony. It was the union between my model friend Jereatha Jackson and Maurice Heriot. The wedding was held at the Double Tree suites by Hilton Hotel in downtown Columbus. Production was done by Silver Confetti events. The nuptials were done by a cozy fire place surrounded by friends and family.  The bridesmaids wore teal chiffon halter rompers and the groomsmen wore gray suits adorned with teal details. There was so much love and celebration this night.

Jereatha's gown was to die for. It was a white strapless, mild sweetheart neckline. I loved the gathering down the waist giving the hour glass silhouette. Her shoes, OMG, stunning. They were stunning custom made,  bedazzled open toe pumps.
I wore a green knee length LB dress with ruching on the sides and a built in spanx from DFW.  So you know I was all the way snatched honey. I think I only paid $12 for it.  I accessorized with a cream vintage fox stole given to me by my granny and a vintage broach that I bought from the thrift store many years ago. I was accompanied by my good friend Em and Dezy and Marquita. We had a great time. I know the girl sitting across from us was like why the hell did I get assigned to sit at the same table as these 4. LOL. Epic. When we all get together it's all bad.  Dezy caught the bouquet, so we're pumped to see if she's next.
Wedding photos courtesy of Anna Inez Photography

I have learned that you can plan your whole day, week, month, life down to the minute, but when someone else has a greater plan you have to roll with it. When I got the news of Jereatha's pregnancy I was ecstatic. The wedding was originally scheduled for July 2016, but little Miss Poppy had other plans. How crazy is it that her due date is days away from the wedding date. So the wedding was bumped up to January. To be able to watch your friend and her family embark on this journey is so amazing. I can't wait to meet her <3. #blacklove #heriotwedding #littlemisspoppy








                                                The next chapter......




 
 

Comments

Popular Posts