HAPPY NEW YEAR 2015 REFLECT

                                                                                                 Saturday January 2, 2016


Dear Diary,

               Let me first start off by saying Happy New Year, Happy 2016!!!!!!!!!!!


This year has definitely been a crazy one. I wrote myself a letter this time last year to open and read on the first. I'm going to read it today. I think its a good exercise to do. People have New Year resolutions and break them after about 30 days. The letter to yourself basically says all of the things you hope to have accomplished, overcome and plan to do by the time you read the letter. It also is supposed to help set some realistic goals for yourself and career. The week before Christmas I started a new exercise where everyday you write yourself a positive note or a word of the day. Then at the end of the year you give them to someone for them to read everyday for uplifting. My everyday struggles and with the help of Pinterest gave me this idea. I work very hard and stay on my grind. Nothing has come easy for me and I don't expect it to. Here's to more hard work and great rewards.

"When life gives you lemons, you make a chocolate cake and keep em guessing"

This year has definitely taught me the value of time. Life is short so live in the moment. I have spent the whole 2015 taking care of people, working 40 plus hours to maintain living and bills but never got to go out and enjoy life. So when I write my letter to my 2017 self I'm going to tell her to keep living, enjoy life, have fun. No one wants to work til they die. That shit sucks. I may not have accomplished everything that I wanted to but I sure have learned a lot. I'm setting new goals for myself and my life's path.

"Everybody dies, but not everybody lives" ~ Drake

New Year's eve I went out with the mister to a friend's house warming/NYW party. I had a good time. I wore a simple black tank dress and long black sweater from ASOS Curve. Now I got from DFWH on Cleveland Ave and 161 in Columbus. The sweater was like $8 and the dress was $10. Cute on a budget of course. My earrings were BEBE curtsey of my bestie and I wore some black suede spiked wedges. I think I changed clothes like 5 times before I went with the classic LBD. Hair and make up done by yours truly. :)






Comments

Popular Posts