I LOVE MY CURVES Fahion show review

                                                Sunday 9/13/15

Dear Diary,




  I attended a fashion show Aug 29, 2015 produced my Columbus makeup artist Sara King. Myself and a few friends of mine, who are also in the Ohio fashion scene we very disappointed. It was nothing like what we expected.  One of my friends brought her 13 year old daughter and even she was very upset. This was her first fashion show and she saw more T and A than she needed for one night. I'm not writing the blog to bash the show, production or anyone who participated in the show, but I dislike when people have the resources to do things and decided to either not use them or wait til the last minute to use them or ask for help. Not to mention I sent Mrs. King a message to offers some advice and constructive criticism and I never got a reply. I also spoke to a few people who were a part of her production and a few models and it seemed as though it was unorganized from jump. 


  I was mostly disappointed because I was under the impression that this was a curvy, plus size fashion show. There weren't many designers, most of the sets the models provided their clothes. The overall production was tacky and confusing. There were girls smaller than size 8 on stage. There was a mini body building/women's physique competition which left most of us very confused. My friend, her daughter and I sat in the back on the deck style area and we were getting rained on. The three ladies in front of us left because it. Several people left after all of the T and A from the burlesque dancing, body building competition and all of the sound hiccups. I love the idea and the concept of the show but it was poorly executed.


   One of my biggest issues was one of the door people. She was very unprofessional. She was promoting her own business to the guests, including me. She also charged me a different price than the other door person charged my friends. There was a comment on the event page about the host of the event and her potty mouth. I was like "oh my are we at the funnybone, because these are dirty jokes" They never had her in the spotlight on the stage. Just kind of off in the corner or the stage. She didn't improvise well when there were lapses between sets. I was also surprised that she didn't changed outfits between sets. She should have worn one of the designer's pieces that way she would have something to talk a
bout other than getting it from the back.  

    As a plus model, designer and patron I can honestly say that I was offended. I came to support some of my fellow models and pageant sisters and didn't even get to see them. Some of them were in the intro, but I didn't see after that. I was utterly confused. There was way too much room for improvement. I know how hard and how expensive it is to put on a successful production, but use your resources and give them enough notice. Sold out shows don't matter if no one stays to watch the show.  

Comments

Popular Posts