Ambition

                                                                                                   Sunday May 10, 2015

Dear Dairy,

When you think of ambition, what comes to mind?

I think of strong will, determination, dedication and achieving goals. I also think about late nights and early mornings, sacrifice and sometimes hardship. I have come across some very ambitious people over the last year. One in particular stood out to me. Not letting anything or anyone stand in her way Psajha Walters overcame any adversity and was determined to be a plus model. When I met Psajha at the Miss Voluptuous pageant in 2011, she was very shy and quiet. Having lost weight and practicing her runway walk, she has come out of her she.  She has walked in several fashion shows and has done photo shoots with many photographers. I had the opportunity to interview her on what ambition means to her as well as talk about her journey on becoming a plus size model. Be sure to check her out in the upcoming Ohio movie 'My Brother's Keeper' and follow her on instagram for other coming projects at @posh_thacurvymodel
 

1. What made you get into modeling?

Psajha-Alliniece Walters
What made me get into modeling is every since I was a little girl, I always wanted to be a model. My mom use to model and she always bring me to her rehearsal and fashion shows. I would always at her and say one day that will be me. She is the one who taught me how to walk and pose. When I was a teenager I tried ti get into modeling and I made a couple casting calls but I didnt stick with it because I lacked confidence. I gave up and decided it wasnt for me. I decided oneday I would get into the Miss Voluptuous Pageant. I thought that could help me build up my confidence and it did. I made some life decisions that Im not proud of and it actually helped me. There were two artist looking for models to be on their album cover and do a promotional photoshoot. I decided that I would go for it. At the time I wasnt trying to get into modeling. When the pictures were published everyone thought I was a model. I started to think about modeling again. I went to my first casting call in 2012. I was picked to be a model for the fashion show The Mannequin. I have been modeling every since.





2. What is your definition of Ambition?

Psajha-Alliniece Walters
My definition of Ambition is going after what you want in life. To keep going until you acheive your goals. No matter what obstcles you may run into. Never give up or stop because all things are possible.
 

3. Who/What inspires you?
 
Who inspires me is My mom because she the reason why I wanted to become a model. She has always been there and she encourages me to keep going. I look up to her. My children inspires me because they are the reason why I can't give up. Tess Munster who is a Plus model inspires me because of the confidence she carries and she impower women to love theirselves no Matter what size they are. What inspire me is the drive and Dedication that I have to keep going no matter what.
 
 
 
 
 
4. What are your goals with modeling?
 
My goals with modeling is to continue to grow and learn. I would like to work with more designers and Photographers, as well as international designers and Photographers, to do more photoshoots, videos, acting, traveling, to inspire someone, and to eventually work under a respectful agency. To become known all over.
 
5. Since your weightloss you have been in more shows and doing more shoots, has losing weight helped your confidence?
 
 Yes weightloss has helped my confidence. When I was at my biggest. I was at my lowest in life. I was going through so much which lead to my weight gain. One day I had a wake up call. I made drastic changes to my life and I learned to love myself. One thing I always say is if you dont like it change it. I decided to live a healthy lifestyle. A healthy mind and body. Its not just physical, its mental. If you dont change your mindset then all the hard work you did to lose weight can be a waste. Once I noticed results it help build me up.
 

 


Comments

Popular Posts