Brandee Bailous: House of Baboski: Reflection

                                                                                                Sunday January 26, 2014

Dear diary,



As I sit her and clean out my phone and laptop I look over all my photos and texts and reflect on the last year. I have grown so much as an individual, business owner and most of all,  A WOMAN. I have followed those who inspire me and oddly enough I have inspired them. I'm not where I want to be but, I'm glad I'm not where I was. I have done charity work, sponsorships, and traveled all on my own. I have learned through this long journey that their aint no room for half stepping. There are people looking to see you fail, so everyday I wake up I give 150%.

Over the year I have met some wonderful people who have helped me shift my business and my ways of life. I have also cut some people out of my life. With growth comes lessons. Everyone who say they are your friend and that they are going to be there for you are know where to be found when you have some shit going on. I also realized that your dream isn't everyone elses dream and vice versa. I found myself helping out a lot of people on their journey and they either don't appreciate the help or take your help for granted. When people say time is money, they didn't lie. One thing if life you cant get back is time. Ain't nothing like spending an hour with someone brainstorming and it going nowhere. Just recently I realized that you can't share your dreams and talents with everyone.
In 2013, I was won Best plus size runway model of the year and Best plus size designer for POSED AWARDS. I was also able to collab on a few wonderful projects and get published nationally in several magazines. This was a great year for House of Baboski. My brand is now being sold in 2 local boutiques and the website is doing small numbers.  I am doing more orders and vendors events. In February I re-launched my swimwear line and it has been doing very well. In May I launched Phantum's Phantasy Apparel: exotic and fetish wear and I have a few plans for it in 2014. In October I launched Luscious Ladies, my plus size everyday wear line and Luscious Divas my plus size evening wear line. 

I am learning to be more independent and not let small things stress me out. I'm learning that everyday is a struggle and that I have to love myself because everyone won't and don't have to.  "What you think about me is not my business" ~ Rupaul
I realize that I have to please me and do what makes me happy. If you live to please everyone you will not truly be living. 

 I got to travel and go to castings and meet some wonderful people that I think I'll be in touch with for a while. I also reconnected with my college buddy Ailin. She is pregnant with her second baby and I cant wait to see her. Life is too short to let it pass you by. I missed  lot because of work, but I know that 2014 will be the year of me. I will travel more, cast more, and just be happy.  I am very thankful for all the accomplishments so far. I'm ready to kick it into high gear now.

 I'm so excited to see what 2014 brings.







Comments

Popular Posts