Tanky Tinks Mobile Boutique

                                                                                                     Thursday June 6, 2016

Dear Diary,








A few weeks ago I ran into Coyia Henderson from high school at the Heart of it all Fashion show at OSU. We did some quick catching up and of course discussed fashion. I got a chance to chat with her about he latest venture in the fashion world.  

1. What is the name of your styling company?

Tanky Tinks Mobile Boutique. 

2. Describe your style
My style if comfy cute or tomboy chic lol. I love items that can be dressed up or down. Distressed jeans with a button up and heels or those same jeans with a t-shirt and sneakers . I love to mix and match vintage and modern pieces. To be able to walk out of the house and know that I probably will not see a person dressed like me is great!

3. What made you want to be a stylist?

I started my boutique because I wanted to give others the opportunity to slay how I slay lol. No really I have always been told that my style is unique. And that is basically because I wear what I want and don't care what others may think about it. I wanted to give people a place to not only get those cute t-shirt dresses that they may see at there favorite store, but to get it and some vintage high-waist jeans and big vintage earrings all at the same place. Tanky Tinks is a healthy mix of vintage and modern fashions for the girl (or guy) that wants to stand out. Because fashion is not always about what you wear but how you wear it.

4. Where can people see your work?

Tanky Tinks Mobile Boutique will opening it's doors the end of spring 2016. It is a traveling boutique so it will be at different spots throughout the city. I will also host private shopping for customers who want to reserve the bus for themselves and friends. On both facebook (Tanky Tinks Mobile Boutique) and Instagram (@tanky.tinks) I will post new items, where the bus will be located on different days, upcoming events as well as outfit ideas and tips. A website will also be up and running this summer!









5. How do you update yourself with the latest trends and styles?

I look to the past. I believe trends always come back around. If you look in the magazines now at the distressed denim and crop tops that people wear and compare them to what was in the magazines 20-25 years ago you will notice similarities. I personally don't believe in do's and don'ts in fashion. I believe in finding what works best for you and owning it. So while I pay attention to the latest trends, but they don't necessarily dictate what I'm wearing.

6. What strategy do you follow to advise models of your best fashion tips (blog, web pages, magazines)?​ 

 When I offer people advice I start by asking what they want and what they are trying to pull off. Since I am in the business of selling clothes, I want you to be happy with what you purchase from me. I don't want you to purchase this dress because it looked cute on the next girl. I want you to purchase it because you are going to feel amazing in it. 

7. Who is your favorite designer?

I really don't have one. My style changes depending on my mood.

8. How long have you been styling?

My whole life! I have been giving styling tips for as long as I could remember. And although it may not have been anything professional, people have taken my advice to heart. For someone to ask me how I would put together this kind of outfit, is a great feeling because they are trusting me with how the world will view them. First impressions start even before you speak so to leave what your saying to the world by the clothes on your body, up to me is a honor.





9.whats in you styling kit/bag?

I always have an army fatigue jacket or denim button up because to me they go with EVERYTHING. I love a maroon lip so I always have a back up lip stick with me. 

 10. what is your favorite piece of jewelry, accessory, bag?

I LOVE vintage earrings. If I could wear a different pair everyday I would. I love the uniqueness of them. I also love sunglasses. I would wear a pair of fly sunglasses on the gloomiest of days just because they were that fly.

11. Where do you see yourself, brand/company in the next 5 years? 

I see my store not only as a mobile unit but as a store front as well.
I just want the opportunity to provide all kinds of people with dope and unique fashion. With the ability to stand out wherever they go because Tanky Tinks got them all the way together. I want to collaborate with hair stylist and provide the ultimate shopping experience and eventually do different charity work where I am able to provide the Tanky Tinks experience to those who may not be in a situation where they can afford to have it.

12. If you could style anyone in the world who would it be and why?
Kerri Washington because her style is so opposite of mine that it would be a challenge. She is such a beauty but to me, her style is dated. 

13. How would you style them?

I would love to see her in a pair of ripped/ bleached jeans, a nice tank, a vintage army fatigue jacket, strappy heels, and chunky jewelry. With her hair pulled up in a messy bun, a deep red lip and some over sized sunglasses. Just something completely laid back yet fierce that you would never expect from her. 

Comments

Popular Posts