Michigan Fashion Week- October 17, 2015

                                                                                                                 Sunday October 17, 2015

Dear Diary,


As leaves change and the air turns crisp, we unpack our sweaters and cozy up front row to fashion shows. It's officially fashion season and designers are showcasing spring/summer 2016 looks on the runway. Fashion week events is the time to bring out your latest, chic threads and put on your very own show. "Everyday is a fashion show and the street is my runway."



          I am writing this entry in hopes to cover Michigan Fashion Week as an official blogger. I would love to be able to cover this event. It's officially fashion show season and Michigan's biggest fashion event is under way. Last year was a weekend of meet and greet and fashion filled festivities followed but an evening runway showcase. Michigan Fashion Week is Saturday October 17, 2015. This year's event is a runway competition held at the Lawrence University. The prize is worth over $1000. I'm excited to see what these designers showcase. I wonder if they were given a theme or a surprise materials like project runway.

         What I like about MFW is that they provide a platform for local designers with exceptional talent to showcase their work. Based on their photos they have several different styles of designers with different design esthetics. I'm not sure if there will be a week or weekend of events, but I'm very excited to see. I will be traveling from Columbus, Ohio along with a fellow fashionista and her jr fashionista (daughter).
I'm excited to see who was chosen and read about them. I read a few blogs and write ups on last year's participants and was very impressed. I started following them on instagram to what they are doing and have created since the show. It's interesting to see what designers do after events and shows. I would love to interview a few of them and invite them and the Michigan Fashion Week team to Ohio to check out some of our designers.
Be sure to check them out and follow them on instagram @mifashionweek and for more info you can email them or check out the website. www.michiganfashionweek.com

Comments

Popular Posts