POSHMARK: The perfect app for a fashionista on a budget

                                                                                                                                   April 4, 2015

Dear Diary,

    Almost 2 years ago I came across an app called Poshmark, where you can buy, sell and trade clothes and accessories with people all over the United States.  After many reviews and suggestions they have worked out their links.  When it first started it was only available to iPad and iPhone users. Now it's available to all smart phone users. You can now sell household items, toys, children's, items and menswear. They strongly suggest not to make any purchases or sell items outside of the app because they can't protect your transactions or funds once outside the app limits.





  What you do is create a profile, upload your items, set a price and share your closet via socials dis, text (sms), email and tumblr. You can link the app to your social media profiles so that you can share your closet with your fitness who may not have the app. I have learned to set your price high enough so that when Poshmark takes their 20%, you get what you really asked for. Also watch out for the "low ballers".  Low ballers are buyers who want something for nothing and don't want to pay what the item is really worth. The shipping price is added once the buyer confirms. It's a flat rate of $4.99 for anything under 2 lbs and $6.99 for heavier items. They also do discount shipping for and hour on discounted items. Sometimes as low as .99.






   I like the app because I can shop from the comfort of my phone. I can also shop and sell on the go. I'm very busy with work and designing and don't have time to shop all the time so this is convenient. I have had the opportunity to sell some of my designs as well. I try and take my photos and info and uoac it once a week that was I can manage  it while I'm at work or every laying in bed. The app helps me reach a customer that may not live in Ohio, as well as someone who has never heard of my brand or checked out my website.



   Another great feature on the app is the 'Host's Pick'. The creators of the app pick their favorite items and share them as well as post them on the Poshmark Instagram. That will help you gain more followers and potential buyers. Every day there is are about 3 virtual fashion parties. They last about 2 hours. There you have time to shop, share and uploads anything in the party criteria. . There you will find its such as Prada, Neiman Marcu and Gucci just to name a few. You can then break down you search to specific size, type of clothing and price.  A new feature with the update is anytime you update and item in your closet orower the price it sends out an email alert to everyone who "liked" the item. Similar to how boutiques send out SALE blasts.


    When shipping out your item its. Ice to wrap it pretty and add a thank you card. I get cute pieces of scrapbook paper and tissue paper and wrap the item up. Not only is it like getting a gift in mail but it shows that you appreciate their purchase and makes them want to shop with you more.  Be sure to check out and download the app POSHMARK and follow me @baboski0499 and use code  HNEBZ for your free $5 to shop. You can also look up my brand House of Baboski. Enjoy and happy Poshing.

Comments

Popular Posts