Heaven couldn't wait: Gone but never forgotten, we love you

                                                                                                            Wednesday October 22, 2014

Dear Diary,

As I began to gather notes  for a blog to write on about a passing about someone who I admired, I got a text about a pageant sisters unsuspected passing. So many things were going through my head on what to say, how to say it and ask why so soon. So I decided to sleep on it and let the words flow and blog about it in the am. I let another day go by without getting the words down only to find out about another passing.

Saturday October 18, 2014 was a sad day in the plus size world. We lost singer and model Joanne Borgella. She lost her battle with a rare endometrial cancer. She out up a hell of a fight and always stayed positive. She would post videos of herself at doctor's appointments and chemo sessions singing and smiling. I loved the fact tht she was open as not afraid to share what she was going through. It made us feel as though we were right there with her holding her hand and singing with her. We were all connected to her through her fan page.  I never got to meet her in person , but we spoke on social media.  She was my inspiration. She touched so many lives and her beautiful spirit lives on. Rest in Heaven gorgeous.

If you would like to send and condolences or flower please contact joanneborgella529@gmail.com or you can leave a message on the Facebook fan page.

Sunday October 19, 2014 I got a group text from a sister queen saying that a fellow sister queen from Cincinnati had fallen and passed away. I'm thinking to myself, I just saw her a few months back. How could this be and didn't she just have a little baby!? I couldn't believe it. Marcianna Harris was a beautiful person inside and out. She was a loving mother, sister, friend and will forever be a queen. She was also Mrs Plus America 2013. A queen in all her glory. She had a smile that would light up a whole room and had a wonderful heart and positive spirit. Fly high my queen and look over is as we will look over your family. We love you and will miss u. 😘
Marcianna's service will be held this Saturday in Cincinnati. Info is in the photo below.





Tuesday October 21, 2014 the fashion world lost a legend. International designer Oscar de la Renta passed at the age of 82 from cancer.


As we lay these beautiful people who have touched so many lives to rest turn and hug you loved one, go home and hug your mother, father, children. Life is too short to let petty things festure. Keep them close and tell them you love them every single day. Fly high my angels.
Xoxo,
Brandee

Comments

Popular Posts