Catching up on Curvy Girls

                                                                                                                   Wednesday june 12, 2013

Dear diary,  

           Last week I got the chance to catch up on NuvoTV's reality show called 'Curvy Girls'. I remember reading the casting call information about this show about a year or so ago and decided not to pursue it because I wasn't as active in trying to further modeling career then. Anyway, it's a show based around these four beautiful plus size ladies an their journey on pursuing and furthering their modeling   careers. The cast consists of Lornalitz Baez, Denise Bidot, Ivory Kalber, Rosie mercado. Here these ladies are dealing with dating, relationships/friendships , traveling, motherhood, plus size stigmas and keeping up with plus model standards and the trials and tribulations they go through to get booked for magazines, fashion shows and agent representation. In the first season you get a small taste of who the ladies are how some of their days go as models in the mainstream plus size industry in the cities of New York and LA.  
     There was a model named Victoria who was in the few episodes and was obsessed with what she felt was negative about her body. She had a breast augmentation that se was not satisfied with. She went in to get a 'C' and came out with a full 'D' but she brought it up at the most inappropriate times and she made lornalitz uncomfortable.

         I'm not a big fan of Ivory. She's a little more seasoned in the game and now is looking to get married and start a family. I feel like she's judgemental and selfish. Ivory is an attention whore and wants all eyes on her. Ugh, she drives me crazy. She acted a plus fool at her birthday party and was very rude because she didn't want Denise talking to her brother. Then she cuts in Lornalitz and her "wannabe date" as she stated and said you've talked long enough. My favs are Denise, Rosie and Lorna.  Denise is from LA and moves to NY with her daughter to further her career and she has a very supportive co-parent. He considers moving to NY to help and see their daughter. I love lornalitz. I feel bad for her because she is plus size (size 12) but people say she's too small at some of the casting calls. She reminds me of a model/friend I know named Denea who is a size 14. Very curvy super bomb shape and good walk, but when we go to plus size castings they say she's too small and smaller agencies say she's too big.  I love me some Rosie. She's an 18 on the top and a 26/28 on the bottom. She represents for the bigger girls like me. I'm a 22/24 so I feel like she speaks to me and gives me hope to keep pushing past the stigmas. I wish she would have done the PLUS model magazine implied nude shoot. It would have empowered a lot of fuller figured women to be comfortable in the skin they're in.

Be sure to catch the new season of Curvy Girls on NuvoTV every Tuesday at 10p

     

Comments

Popular Posts